NEO STC continues to be one of the strongest and most active chapters in the society. As with most organizations, chapters are only as strong as the members who pull together to help the chapter succeed. This is your opportunity to join the board and help run this amazing chapter!
Who is on our chapter board?
• Chapter Officers: Chapter President, Vice President, Immediate Past President, Treasurer, and Secretary
• Committee Chairpersons: Currently, this includes our Programs, Sponsorship/Advertising, Website, Workshop, Membership, Book Club, Networking, Public Relations, Newsletter, and Academic Relations committee chairpersons
• Chapter Officers: Perform tasks as defined for the respective roles
• Committee Chairpersons: Perform tasks as defined for the respective roles. Defines a plan for the committee during the summer.
• Attend twice-yearly chapter board meeting to share plans and progress
• Work individually (or on a team, depending on role) to carry out tasks during the year defined during the planning phase
• Transition duties upon completion of term
• All board members are asked to commit from July 2016 – June 2017. The monthly tasks typically take approximately 2-10 hours a month, but this varies based on the role.
Who we’re looking for:
For 2016/17, we have known openings for:
• Chapter Vice President
• Chapter Secretary
• Programs (co-chairperson)
If you are interested in any of the other chapter officer or committee chairperson positions listed above, please indicate that when you apply. We can put you in touch with that team/chairperson.
• Current NEO STC chapter member in good standing
• Passionate about wanting to play a role in the future of your chapter. Passion over years of experience plays a critical role.
• Interested in having fun, networking with fellow professionals, and putting plans into action!
• No prior experience necessary, but a desire to learn and apply skills
Benefits of being a board member:
• Increase your professional networking opportunities inside and outside the chapter
• Develop your leadership acumen
• Build on a skillset in a specific area
• Be a part of a team that has for over 10 years received recognition from STC International for its outstanding service to its members
Aside from our members (you!), our all-volunteer board is the lifeline of the organization. If you or someone you know may be interested in joining the board, please complete the survey, and a current chapter officer will be in touch with you. All applications must be completed by Friday, March 18.
The current NEO STC officers will carefully evaluate each application and follow up with candidates.
Apply Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2WQFCPV
Contact for More Info or Questions:
Questions are welcome and may be directed to:
NEO STC Vice President
NEO STC Immediate Past President