News – December 2014: Funding for student memberships is currently used through 2015. Additional funding will be available in 2016.
Are you currently exploring technical communication as a career and enrolled in an Ohio educational institution?
If YES, then we encourage you to join our chapter at a discounted price! Our student membership funding pays for half of your one-year membership in the Society for Technical Communication and NEO STC chapter (up to a $37.50 value).
In addition to the benefits from STC, local chapter benefits include:
- Learning from a mentor by participating in a 3-month mentoring program
- Attending NEO STC events at discounted member rates, like monthly program meetings
- Volunteering opportunities on the chapter board to develop leadership skills
- Networking with local professionals in the field to learn about other opportunities, like job leads
- Being a part of an award-winning chapter that values its members
- Interest in the field of technical communication, and joining STC and the NEO STC chapter
- Current enrollment as a student at an Ohio unity college, college, or university
How Our Funding Works
STC Memberships run by calendar year (January 1 to December 31). You may join at anytime. If you join outside of the normal membership renewal period, you may only have to pay a prorated membership fee for a partial year membership. Depending on what you pay for your student membership, this funding will cover half of it (up to $37.50 for a full year).
- Fill out the NEO STC Student Membership Funding Form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: The NEO STC form is separate from the STC Membership Application identified in step 2.
- We will review your NEO STC form. After you receive notification from us that we’ve received/approved it, then you will need to complete the STC Membership Application, select NEO STC as your chapter on the application, and pay for the membership.
- Submit your paid receipt to us at email@example.com for reimbursement. We will reimburse you for 1/2 of each student membership (up to $37.50 per student).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Spread the Word!
Download and print copies of our Student Membership Flyer to distribute to others.