We want to hear from you with your article ideas. Any topic that could be of interest to our readers is fine, including seminar, book, and article reviews, plus any STC or profession-related business or ideas. If you have changed jobs or received a promotion or award, we’d love to hear about that, too. If you published an article, please let us know. We would also like to feature you in a Spotlight article. These articles provide us with a chance to get to know about the talents, skills, and backgrounds of our members.
If you submit an article, you are eligible to enter our drawing for one of two $50 gift card and be part of our APEX award-winning publication. Use the firstname.lastname@example.org address to submit an article or let us know your interest in appearing in a Spotlight article.
The neostc.org site recently noted that “APEX Awards are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content, and the ability to achieve overall communication excellence.” Lines & Letters was one of several STC chapters to be recognized for the APEX award for 2016:
- Northeast Ohio Chapter APEX Award of Excellence in the category of Newsletters – Electronic and Email
- Chicago Chapter (Linda Kelley): APEX Award of Excellence in the category of Newsletters – Electronic and Email
- Carolina Chapter (Lindsey Saunders): APEX Award of Excellence in the category of Newsletters – Electronic and Email
- Technical Editing SIG (Rick Sapir): APEX Award of Excellence in the category of One to Two Person-Produced Websites
- Intercom (Liz Pohland): APEX Award of Excellence in the category of Magazine, Journal, & Tabloids Writing.
- 2014-2015 STC Salary Database: APEX Award of Excellence in the category of One-of-a-Kind Publications.
For more details see https://www.stc.org/notebook/2016/06/27/stc-communities-and-staff-win-apex-awards-5/.
Meet the Lines & Letters co-editors:
Lynn Nickels – See her LinkedIn profile at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnnickels.
Jeanette Evans – See her LinkedIn profile at www.linkedin.com/in/jeanettepevans.